The Horticulture Centre of the Pacific is a non-profit botanical garden and Horticulture College. This is our 40th Anniversary as the garden was founded in 1979 by a small group of garden enthusiasts and local horticulturists who saw the importance of creating a space of learning and sharing. The HCP continues to be a place of learning, tranquility and social gathering and a place of horticulture excellence and education to serve all. Today, we are a well-known garden full of learning opportunities nestled within the District of Saanich, BC.
Vision: HCP is a beautiful, locally treasured demonstration garden and internationally recognized botanical garden as well as a centre for horticulture education, celebrating the importance of plants in sustainable world.
We accomplish this by:
• Developing community partnerships and providing rewarding opportunities for our staff and volunteers.
• Providing a comprehensive resource centre and meeting place, which facilitates the sharing of knowledge within the horticulture community.
• Providing horticulture education.
• Demonstrating responsible stewardship of our forest and wetlands through sound habitat restoration, conservation and agro forestry practices.
• Developing and maintaining diverse north Pacific demonstration gardens, designed to educate visitors on good horticulture practices and to provide public enjoyment.