“WE ARE DEDICATED TO GATHERING AND DISTRIBUTION OF QUALITY EMERGENCY FOOD AND CLOTHING TO THOSE IN NEED.”
Core Programs that need your ongoing financial support.
- Emergency Food Hampers to over 250 families each month representing 600 individuals of which 36% are children. (we are able to provide 40% fresh produce in our food hampers which includes milk, eggs, nut butters, bread that we purchase which adds up to one full week of food assistance)
- School Brown Bag Lunches and hot soups delivered weekly to local schools
- Eggs in Schools – 700 eggs per week are cook, peeled and packaged in our class 4 kitchen and delivered to elementary and middle schools each week.
- School Supply Program/ back packs filled with school supplies for our children going back to school in September.
- Emergency free clothing
The following essential services cost the organization $250,000 each year for the operations of the building, vehicles and administration staff. Your dollars go directly to helping those in need.
The facility is 6,000 sq ft wheelchair accessible/ energy efficient building that hosts:
- Food Distribution Warehouse /large refrigerators/walk in freezers,
- Class 4 Teaching Kitchen that doubles as a community gathering and learning space
- Access to Free Clothing store
- Community Gardens – 28 raised beds “growing food”
- Advocacy & Education
The facility operates with minimal paid staff and is fully supported by a team of dedicated volunteers.
The organization serves a population of over 27,000, a 70 kilometer radius from the Town of Oromocto boundaries that includes:
Hoyt, Wirral, Fredericton Junction, Tracy, Lincoln, Maugerville, Upper Gagetown, Geary, Burton, Rusagonis, Waasis
We believe that healthier food means healthier communities. Our food bank is able to provide 40% fresh foods to those who come to use our food hamper services through our partnerships and programs.