To contribute to the historical, cultural and recreational enrichment of the the people of the former Borough of East York, which encompasses the communities of East York and Leaside.
About THE EAST YORK FOUNDATION
The East York Foundation was established by an Act of Provincial Parliament in 1964.
The Foundation owns a collection of art, historical artifacts, rare books & documents of historical significance. The Foundation is governed by a board of directors made up of residents of East York & Leaside; Ray White, John Carter, Gord Piercey, Councillor Mary Fragedakis, Michael Prue MPP, Adrian King, Geoff Kettel, Elaine Snider and Bill Buckingham.
Several works of art are on permanent display at the S. Walter Stewart Library. The Foundation is dedicated to the promotion of community groups & associations and also helps in fundraising efforts for capital works projects such as recreational facilities, arenas, halls of fame,memorial tributes & structures of historical & artistic significance.
Chair - Ray White 416-696-1537
Vice Chair - John Carter 416-778-9431
Treasurer - Gord Piercey 416-755-0278
Works of Art - Elaine Snider 416-422-2662
Legal Affairs - Adrian King 416-508-7800