CoDev is a solidarity organization working for social justice and global education in the Americas.
CoDev links unions and civil society organizations in Canada with like-minded organizations in all regions of Latin America, establishing and sustaining partnerships to build solidarity, promote mutual understanding and create change for a more just and equitable world.
About CoDevelopment Canada (CoDev)
For 30 years, CoDev has been improving the lives of women, workers and communities by linking community & labour groups in Canada with organizations in Latin America working for social justice. Today, CoDev builds partnerships with organizations in Canada and throughout Latin America to protect workers rights, build solidarity for public education, strengthen grassroots initiatives, engage Canadians in global issues and promote fair trade.
CoDev upholds the following principles in its work and alliances:
- Human rights and social justice
- Democratic sustainable development
- Universal and free public education
- Universal and free health care
- Racial and ethnic equality
- Gender equality and empowerment of women
- Economic justice and workers’ rights
- Trade union rights
- Indigenous rights and reconciliation
- Environmental justice