Sexual Assault Support Services for Women of Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry & Akwesasne are a non-profit grass-roots feminist organization committed to the support of victims /survivors who have experienced sexual violence; and the prevention and elimination of that form of violence.
About SASS for Women of SDG & A
Here is the list of the free and confidential services SASS is offering:
- Crisis line: One in French and one in English, which operate 24/7 days per week;
- Accompaniment to the police station, hospital, court or anywhere else according to the woman’s need;
- Public Education community groups, schools agencies, workplaces in an effort to increase the awareness and prevent sexual violence;
- Support in defending the rights by writing letter of support, helping to fill out official paperwork etc;
- Counselling one on one to help women understand the effects of sexual violence;
- Information/support groups for women and younger women on different topics;
- Referral in the community.