Our Mission: To stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
About MOTHERS AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING (MADD CANADA)
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada) is a non-profit, grassroots organization that is committed to stopping impaired driving and supporting the victims of this violent crime. At the heart of MADD Canada is our volunteers who include not only mothers, but fathers, friends, business professionals, experts in the anti-impaired driving field and concerned citizens who want to make a difference in the fight against impaired driving.
MADD Canada works to achieve its mission on a number of fronts:
- Comprehensive program of support and resources for individuals who have lost a loved one or suffered a serious injury as a result of an impaired-driving crash.
- Specialized programming for elementary and high school students to educate them about the dangers of mixing alcohol and/or drugs with driving.
- Campaigns to reach out to the public about the dangers of impaired driving and how they can help improve safety on our roads, waterways and trails.
- Promotion of legislative best practices, at both the federal and provincial/territorial levels, to address the impaired driving problem in Canada.
- Partnering with international traffic safety organizations, automobile manufacturers and technology companies to explore technological solutions to stop impaired driving.
What People Are Saying
"“Donors are phenomenal people who have the biggest hearts. I wouldn’t be where I am today if I hadn’t gone to the conference. Lots of people need help like I did. And we can’t do it alone. To this day, I appreciate that I can get together with the people I met and reach out when I need help.” "
— Delegate, MADD Canada Conference for Victims of Impaired Driving