The Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Association of Ontario, or MEAO, is dedicated to helping those living with M.E., also known as Chronic Fatigue Synndrome, as well as those living with Fibromaylgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
Our mandate is:
* To ensure that people living with ME/CFS, FM and MCS, wherever they live in Ontario, have the information, support and referrals they need to obtain the best possible care, and to ensure that all those affected are educated about new guidelines to protect their health.
* To encourage a strong provincial network of services for all three illnesses, including a provincial Info Line, support groups and other services.
* To provide education, support and assistance to partners, family members, teachers, co-workers and friends of people living with ME/CFS, FM and MCS.
* To educate health care providers and institutions, the educational system, government agencies, disability and insurance providers, employers, the media and the general public about the facts of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, and the needs of those living with the illness.
About THE MYALGIC ENCEPHALOMYELITIS ASSOCIATION OF ONTARIO
We offer the following services:
* Call our Info Line: In Toronto, 416.222.8820; Toll-free across Ontario 1.877.632.6682
* Vist our website at www.meao.ca
* We produce brochures in four languages and we can tailor an info kit to your needs.
* Check out our Events and News section on our website for workshops you can attend.
* Become a Member and receive our newsletter.
* Your donation will be used for program costs to help deliver our existing services and to help us buy the books, medical journals, articles and DVDs needed so we can create a Health Resource Centre for public use.