The Canadian Music Therapy Fund is a registered charity that has been funding music therapy programs across Canada since 1993.
Our Mission is to promote, develop and support music therapy services and research in order to improve the quality of life for Canadians. Our mandate is to integrate, educate, celebrate and promote all facets of music therapy.
Music Therapy is the skillful and creative use of music to improve the health, well being and quality of life of those treated. Qualified accredited music therapists help people of all ages and abilities to reach their fullest potential through music by focusing on the specific needs of each individual. Treatment through music therapy can:
- Increase self expression and improve communications skills
- Improve social skills and promote interaction
- Increase relaxation and reduce anxiety
- Increase mobility and improve motor skills
- Promote learning and increase attention
- Explore and resolve personal issues