The Canadian Foundation for Animal-Assisted Support Services (CFAS) invests in the human-animal bond experience, one of Canada's most precious natural resources, in order to build healthier and safer communities for vulnerable people of all ages, companion animals and animals in service.
About Our Charity
Our vision is to support the innovation, coordination, and integration of Animal-Assisted Support Services within Canada's health-care, social services, corrections and justice sectors.
Animal Assisted Support Services (AASS)
Animal-Assisted Support Services are programs and services where animals are partnered with in order to help people of all ages overcome and/or cope with their disability/disabilities, life-altering injuries, and chronic illness and their families by improving functional capabilities, improving quality of life and social inclusion.
Uniting and engaging people to create their collective desired future.
Inspire a consistent level of quality, safety, and satisfaction of those served.
- Launch an annual grants program by 2020 for over 400 charities nationwide.
- Special events, research, sponsorship...
Vulnerable people of all ages and their families.
Healthier, safer and more vibrant communities, relationships, a greater sense of belonging for both people and animals.
Examples of how your donations can help:
- Help develop an annual grants program for charities across Canada
- Support visitation programs in hospitals, nursing, schools, workplaces, and retirement homes
- Transform bullies into leaders
- Care for a homeless person’s pet
- Promote prison programs where inmates partner with rescue dogs giving both a second chance in life.
- Support Equine Facilitated Retreats for Canadian Forces Members, Veterans, First Responders, and their Families.
- Connect abused children, youth, and adults with animals to rebuild trust and relationships.
- Invest in the training, certification, and aftercare of service dog teams
- Send a child or adult with a disability to a therapeutic riding program
- Canine-assisted victim services...
What People Are Saying
"Now that I have my service dog I can finally leave the house to run errands. I no longer feel shut in and alone. "
"Since I have had a service dog that accompanies me everywhere I go I have been able to reduce my medication by more than half. "
"My daughter refused to talk to us and she kept getting into trouble. Caring for and interacting with horses is bringing her out of her shell and she is finally opening up and is less angry. "
— Thankful Mom!
"Looking for information about the human-animal bond and services for my child was like looking for a needle in a haystack. The CFAS were so helpful and they took time to listen, not just redirect. "
"My donations go further with the CFAS, because when I give they help many people no matter where those in need live, work, and play. Their direction makes donating easy and meaningful. "
"CFAS helps front-line charities focus on service excellence rather than fundraising. "
— Joanne (volunteer)