Inside Education helps teachers and students understand the science, technology and issues related to our environment and natural resources. We create and deliver curriculum-relevant energy, environmental and natural resources education programs in topics related to forests, energy and water. These programs consider multiple perspectives, promote critical thinking, and encourage responsible stewardship.
We envision a future generation of knowledgeable and critical thinkers, who understand important connections and relationships between the environment, economy and society, and take responsible action as informed citizens and stewards of our natural resources.
About INSIDE EDUCATION SOCIETY OF ALBERTA
Who We Serve - We support teachers and students in the formal K-12 school system in Alberta. We serve schools in all geographic areas and school districts throughout the province, including: urban, rural, remote, underserved, and aboriginal communities.
Our Education Programs - We create learning opportunities! We provide no-cost classroom presentations and student field studies; teacher professional development workshops and tours; classroom resource learning materials; and annual education summits for students and teachers.
- We are guided by a volunteer board of 10 professionals
- We employ 10 staff, delivering programs from offices in Calgary and Edmonton.
- We also engage hundreds of subject matter experts and groups, who give their time to speak on our education workshops and youth summits.
- 2015 ASTech Foundation Award - for public awareness in science
- 2015 Canadian Society of Association Executives - best website
- 2014-15 North American Association for Environmental Education Award - for excellence in public education
- 2013 Alberta Emerald Foundation Award - for teacher professional development
- 2013 Alberta's Best Workplace Award - for working parents
- 2013 Water's Next Award - for Navigate 2012, collaboration in water education
- 2012 ECO Canada Environmental Employer of the Year Award - for human resources practices
To our knowledge, there is no other charitable education society in Canada that offers the depth and variety of programs in these natural resource topic areas, or directly reaches the number of students and teachers we do. We work hard because we are passionate about education!
What People Are Saying
"An honestly educational, inspirational, unforgettable weekend. I am leaving with the new knowledge that will help me make a difference. I don’t have the words to say how much of an impact this weekend has had on my life. "
— Brianna, Langdon School
"The setting, the atmosphere, the pure inspiration was wonderful. All the things I have learned I will take with me through my final year of high school, but more importantly, into the future. "
— Hayley, Robert Thirsk High School
"I had no idea how far you could take our little idea. I am astounded by the result. This was some highly effective education in action. My staff and students thank you."
— Tim, Principal of Whitecourt Central School, Read More