We are a nonprofit Christian ministry , affiliated with a national network of Canadian pregnancy support services. The Island Pregnancy Centre is dedicated to serving and supporting women struggling with an unplanned pregnancy. Our mission is to affirm the value of life by providing practical, emotional and spiritual assistance to those who face pregnancy related issues. Women can count on practical support and non-judgmental care from us during this difficult time. Motivated by sincere love, and in partnership with the Christian community, we provide a caring and supportive environment that restores hope to those facing unplanned pregnancies, dealing with pregnancy losses or exploring sexual integrity as a lifestyle.
*CAPPS is our charitable, nonpolitical parent agency. For more information on Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services, go to www.capss.com
Our Commitment of Care
1. Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability
or other circumstances.
2. Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
3. Clients always receive honest and open answers.
4. Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
5. Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Client information is only disclosed
as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
6. Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues and
7. We are not a medical agency and do not dispense medical advice; we do not refer for abortion
but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion.
8. All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest and accurately describe the
services we offer.
9. All of our staff and volunteers receive proper training and adhere to our core Christian values.
About Our Charity
- Services Offered by the Island Pregnancy Centre -
· Free pregnancy tests
· Information on options
· Support to family members
· Abortion recovery support group
· Referrals to other community services
· Maternity and baby items
· Parenting classes
· Support groups
· Educational presentations and resource material.
· All our services are completely free and confidential.