All Vancouver Island men and their families are empowered to make informed quality of life decisions about prostate health.
Providing Vancouver Island men and their families with prostate health information, education, counselling and research.
About Our Charity
Moving into our 15th year of operation, Island Prostate Centre is here to help men and their families through the decision-making and healing phases of prostate cancer. From prevention and screening, to treatment and recovery, we provide support every step of the way.
Prostate cancer is the leading type of cancer in men: one in seven Canadian men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetimes.
To support this demographic of men, our current programs include:
- Full library of books, DVDs, magazines and informational pamphlets on prostate cancer.
- Nurse Counseling Program: providing clear, comprehensive, unbiased medical information.
- Androgen Deprivation Therapy (ADT) Education Program
- Cancer Recovery Exercise Program
- Prostate Support Association: monthly support group meeting, providing peer to peer support for men who are living with prostate cancer.
All of our programs and services are free of charge with no medical referral needed.
We are here to help!