Purpose: To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
• Belief in the boundless potential of young people.
• Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship.
• Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it.
• Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals.
• Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration.
• Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning.
About Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia
Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia (JA) has been the leading provider of youth financial education and entrepreneurial activities in the province for 40 years. JA programs help students understand economic principles and develop entrepreneurial, leadership and interpersonal skills. JA experiences promote the skills, understanding and perspectives students need to succeed in a global economy and be productive, contributing members of society with an emphasis on three areas:
In Nova Scotia, JA offers young leaders four programs free of charge, starting as early as grade six: Our Business World, the Economics for Success, JA Titan and the Company Program.
Back to Our Website
What People Are Saying
"JA for me was definitely more than just learning about work readiness, financial literacy & building entrepreneurial skills. It was an exposure to working in an environment that helped build and improve strong intrapersonal, self-management, communication and teamwork skills."
— Wafa Wahhab, Grade 12 Student