The Kelowna Women's Shelter values the basic human right to freedom from physical, emotional and sexual abuse and provides: sanctuary, advocacy, support and self-development opportunities for women and children during and after crisis.
About Kelowna Women's Shelter
The Central Okanagan Emergency Shelter is a non profit Society, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Our Society is a member of B.C. / Yukon Society of Transition Houses, a network of women's shelters, transition houses, and safe homes across B.C., yet we function as an independent organization. Our staff and volunteers provide a range of supportive services to women and children in the area boundaried by Oyama to the North and Peachland to the South.
Our programs and services include:
- Transition House
- 2nd Stage Housing
- Children Who Witness Abuse Program
- Inside/Out Teen Anti-Violence Program
- Support Groups and one-on-one outreach counselling
- Childcare and transportation for clients who attend support groups, court and appointments
- KWS Thrift Store
- Volunteer Program and community awareness about healthy relationships