· TO CREATE HOMES where faithful relationships based on forgiveness and celebration are nurtured;
· TO REVEAL THE UNIQUE VALUE AND VOCATION of each person;
· TO CHANGE SOCIETY by choosing to live relationships in community as a sign of hope and love
About L'ARCHE LONDON
L’Arche: An international federation of faith-based communities creating homes and day programs with people who have developmental disabilities. L’Arche London is a member community of the national organization of 26 L’Arche communities across Canada. The word “L’Arche” is French for “the ark,” referring to Noah’s ark, the biblical symbol of deliverance, a place of safety.
· Based on The Beatitudes of Jesus who taught that those who are poor are also rich in some way. People with developmental disabilities, for instance, often have a real capacity to welcome and accept others, and to call people together around them. In L’Arche this reality is experienced through relationships lived out in daily life.
· Ecumenical, respectful and welcoming of people of all faiths. · Encourages each member to grow in his/her own faith tradition.
Welcomes people with no religious affiliation.