L'Arche is a unique vision of care giving and community building that fosters inclusion, understanding and belonging.
In nearly 200 small homes and day settings across Canada, caregivers and volunteers from diverse cultures and backgrounds share deeply committed relationships with people with developmental disabilities.
Every year L'Arche has a transformative impact on the lives of hundreds of young people who assist in L'Arche settings.
L'Arche also offers programs and publications for schools, professional development and the general public that:
* contribute to the public conversation about social values
* promote mutuality in relationships across difference
* teach attitudes and skills for creating networks of belonging
About L'ARCHE OTTAWA
* L'Arche is an international organization of faith-based communities creating homes and day programs with people who have developmental disabilities.
* We recognize the spiritual and religious needs and aspirations of our members, and respect those who have no spiritual or religious affiliation. We are open to people of differing intellectual capacity, social origin,religion, race, and culture.
* At L'Arche, people with disabilities, and those who assist them, live together and are equally responsible for the life of their home and community.
L'Arche Ottawa opened in Ottawa in 1972. Today we are 30 core members and 18 assistants living in 7 homes as well as members of the coordinating team and a number of live-out and part-time support persons.
We have a spacious, modern community center where we gather for Monday evening community nights and many other special occasions. You are welcome to join us community night. Please call for exact times and dates.