What Are We Fundraising For?
There’s never been greater need in our community for people to participate in fulfilling work, volunteer or day program activities. We hope you agree! Our goal is to raise $147,000 so we can continue to provide a home, a sense of belonging, and important daytime opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities in the Toronto area. This in turn creates inclusive spaces in the workplace for local businesses and community partners!
Your donation will make an immediate and powerful impact!
Here’s how you can help adults with intellectual disabilities access fulfilling and stimulating work, volunteering, or day program supports:
- $10,000 will provide 200 days of one to one support for community participation, be it visits to appointments, trips to exercise at Variety Village or participation in office activities.
- $1,000 will support one person with meaningful community participation for one month.
- $250 will support one person with meaningful community participation for one week.
- $100 will support two people with meaningful community participation for one day.
- $50 will support one person with meaningful community participation for one day.
- $25 will support one person with meaningful community participation for half a day.
About L'Arche Toronto
L’Arche began over 55 years ago with a philosophy was that people with intellectual disabilities have gifts to offer and need to be valued and accepted by others. This was revolutionary. This was the beginning of L’Arche!
Today, L’Arche is an international movement that calls people to live in community and share life together. And for 45 years at L’Arche Toronto, we’ve brought to life the mission of L'Arche by helping people with intellectual disabilities discover their gifts and abilities, and supporting them to achieve their goals for a meaningful life.