The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto will be the primary community hub for film-related practices and will facilitate the sustainability and production of media art on a local, national and international level.
LIFT is a member-driven non-profit organization that provides affordable access to equipment, education and space for those who want to make films, out of a passion for, and commitment to, the practice of filmmaking.
- Diversity in all its manifestations, including race, ethnicity, language, gender identity, sexuality, class, age, disability, immigration status, film genre and level of experience as a filmmaker.
- Affordable and equitable access to services and programs that minimize economic barriers to creating films.
- The materiality and technology of working with celluloid as a medium.
- Developing and cultivating the "cinematic" qualities within digital cinema and new platforms.
- Serving as a community hub for filmmakers and artists.
- Providing quality service to an engaged and participatory membership.
- Providing a space for diverse communities to produce representations on their own terms.
About Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT)
HOW YOUR DONATION WILL HELP:
There are as many ways your donation can help support LIFT and independent filmmaking in Canada as there are films out there to be made. In response to our donors requests to help with specific areas we've outlined four categories you can choose to make a simple donation to:
- LIFT Capital Fund (towards capital purchases)
- LIFT Operating Endowment (this permanently held trust with the Ontario Arts Foundation ensures long-term operational stability)
- LIFT Commissioning Fund (this fund helps LIFT commission new work by emerging and established Canadian Filmmakers).
- Community and Youth Projects
(Support our hands-on filmmaking programs for youth and community members).
If you wish to make a donation to establish an award for filmmakers, specifically support another part of the organization, or donate equipment please contact the LIFT office directly at 416.588.6444.
for the LIFT board, staff and membership.