Long-term Desired Outcome
We are committed to building a world where the place children are born no longer determines whether they live or die.
We will know we have reached our desired outcome when there is:
- Safe water with no longer than a 30 minute round trip walk for women and girls;
- No more than 300 people/well to minimize wait time and reduce potential for cascading pump failure in an area;
- Trained Caretakers for every well and greater than 90% in-service rates.
- Community project ownership and community repair with parts and advice facilitated by Lifewater.
- Wells and pumps lasting for 10 years before a major overhaul is required.
- Hygiene training for every community.