Lionhearts Inc. believes in uniting our community with acts of practical love. We are motivated by the desire to provide basic human dignity with food, friendship and freedom.
We do this through the repurposing and distribution of food and cold weather clothing offering programming to the marginalized members of our community.
As well as through The Embassy Live Music Café where many people from all walks of life gather together to enjoy amazing local musicians in both a judgement and substance free environment.
We are powered by volunteers with huge hearts, who donate their time, energy and resources to our programs needs 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Responsible for redirecting $1.2 Million dollars of surplus food back into the budgets of local agencies in 2017
- Partnered with Costco Wholesale Kingston, COBS Bread Bakery, Little Caesers and Starbucks
- Provided 26 local agencies with food, clothing and resources for the marginalized members of our city
- Partnered with local Night Clubs and churches such as The Ale House, Stages Night Club, Kingston Gospel Temple, Bethel Church and Bay Park Baptist Church to provide warm winter coats and cold weather gear to those in need.
- More than 5000 people a year experience a sense of community and enjoy live music, friendship and food in a judgement and substance free environment at The Embassy Live Music Café.
EXPANSION: In 2017, we began to expand to Ottawa, Ontario by engaging COBS Bread Bakery stores in Ottawa and surrounding area for our food redistribution initiative.
In 2018, we also entered a partnership with the Vanier Community Church/Capital City Biker Church to bring The Embassy Live Music Café experience to the City of Ottawa. While we haven't opened our doors yet, we are in the initial stages of preparations and can't wait to open our doors in 2019.
Financial Donation Impact in our community:
Your financial donations have a tremendous impact. Every dollar you donate, helps more than you know!
In 2018, a $5 monthly donation (5 x 12 months = $60.00/ year) converted to the value of $1,260 being directed back into the budgets of local charities and agencies in our city!