Registered Name: Loving Spoonful Kingston
Business Number: 821665312RR0001
About This Charity
Loving Spoonful is a non-profit organization in Kingston that works to enhance access to healthy food in an empowering, inclusive, and environmentally sustainable manner.
About Our Charity
We work to combat hunger in Kingston in several ways:
1. Food Reclamation: We reclaim over 40,000 pounds of healthy, surplus, perishable food from grocers, restaurants, farmers and caterers and distribute it to agencies that feed low-income people, providing the healthy food for over 40,000 meals.
2. The GROW Project: We teach Grade 5/6 students about growing food, community and cooperation in the classroom and in the GROW gardens on the front lawns of primary schools in Kingston
3. Community Gardens: We coordinate the Community Garden Network for the City of Kingston, offering workshops, convening the individual community gardens and problem solving.
4. Preserve Reserves: We coordinate volunteers who preserve some of the the harvest as it is is donated so the produce can be distributed to shelters and meal programs throughout the year. The "Reserves" learn preserving skills and make new friends while providing healthy food.
5. Community Kitchens: We teach basic cooking skills to low-income children, youth and adults through our hands-on cooking workshops.
6. Policy Work: We are active participants in the Food Policy Council for KFL&A, the Kingston Food Providers and Sustain Ontario. We are also a Good Food Organization under the umbrella of Community Food Centres Canada.
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!