Members of the Lower Mainland Down Syndrome Society believe that individuals with Down Syndrome are capable of full participation in society and should be given the opportunity to develop their potential.
To make this mission come to life, the Lower Mainland Down Syndrome Society aims to:
- Provide information, support, and resources to individuals with Down Syndrome in BC and their families
- Provide information about Down Syndrome and resources to people and organizations who support individuals with Down Syndrome and their families
- Advocate that governments and appropriate agencies provide the special resources often needed by individuals with Down Syndrome and their families
JOIN US TO HELP
- Lobby for appropriate educational, vocational, and social opportunities
- Support families
- Increase public awareness
- Network with other organizations and individuals
What People Are Saying
"Kristina is in the Reading and Math program. Those who know Kristina if she had a hard time saying a word she would be frustrated, give up trying, walk away and not speak her words. But now she is totally engaged in learning. She is also identifying numbers and is co-operating with the teacher. "
— Mary Wareham - parent