To provide education and support on lupus and lupus-related issues and enable research to improve quality of life.
We will educate, empower and improve outcomes for people affected by lupus.
About Our Charity:
The Lupus Society of Alberta is a non-profit organization formed to provide education and support for lupus patients, their families and friends. Funds are raised to further lupus research, promote public awareness and provide education to the community at large.
The Lupus Society of Alberta was registered as a society in 1973 and has the distinction of being one of the first lupus organizations in the world.
- One-on-one telephone peer/crisis support
- One-on-one in-person support
- Public awareness initiatives
- Education programs such as the Lupus Lending Library; an annual print Lupus Courier Newsletter; regular publications of an E-Courier newsletter; distributions of information packages; Education Days
- Assisting people in their efforts to influence public policy and resource allocation
- Promotion of lupus research activities
What People Are Saying
"The reason why I support this cause is because my mother passed away from complications of lupus when she was 57. Lupus is such a strange and misunderstood disease, and I only hope things will get better for those who are living with it and suffering from it each and every day. "
— Chris C., Owner of Greenway Courier, LSA Sponsor
"I first volunteered for the LSA in high school, and have been coming back almost every year since. Step Out for Lupus is a blast; the community of participants are so friendly and enthusiastic and it has been a privilege to work with the excellent executives of the society."
— Steven R., LSA Volunteer
"Every year I'm amazed at how Step Out for Lupus gets bigger and better. Hard working volunteers and the LSA put on a warm, welcoming and fun day for all ages, and the money raised goes to research, awareness, and to help support people affected by lupus. I am so proud to be a member of the LSA team."
— Crystal J., Lupus Patient, LSA Director at Large