Manitoba Young Readers’ Choice Awards Inc. (“MYRCA”) is a non-share, not-for-profit corporation established in Manitoba for the purpose of promoting reading and Canadian literature by giving young Manitobans the opportunity to vote for their favourite Canadian book from an annual list of preselected nominees.
With a view to achieving its mission, MYRCA will:
• develop an annual list of Canadian books nominated to receive a MYRCA Award and MYRCA Honour Book Award in accordance with submission guidelines developed by the Board from time to time;
• maintain a website to inform the public of the list of nominated books and to provide resources for teachers, librarians and parents who wish to promote participation in the program;
• present MYRCA Awards to the authors of Canadian books voted by students to be the best of those nominated for a specific year;
• promote reading of Canadian books by conducting the awards program, and by developing incentives for young readers to participate;
• develop and ensure implementation of its constitution and policies in a financially responsible, prudent and ethical manner;• cooperate with other organizations and groups in order to maximize the use of finite resources.