The mission of Manitoulin Family Resources is
To enhance the quality of life of individuals and families by providing resources, advocacy, support, and education through the agency’s three program areas of Children’s Services, Violence Against Women Prevention, and Food Security.
To achieve this mission, we work toward the following goals:
- Accessibility of programs to every community
- Informed Communities, sensitized to the issues of violence against women and children
- Empowered Women, confident in their right to live without violence
- Empowered parents, making positive choices for themselves, their children and their families
- Children whose learning potential is fully maximized
- Healthy Families made stronger by their participation in our programs and services
- Access to safe services for women children and families
- Availability of crisis services
- Effective use of resources Accountable services, designed to meet community needs and
- Eradication of Violence against women and children in Manitoulin and Lacloche
About MANITOULIN FAMILY RESOURCES
Manitoulin Family Resources Inc. is a multi-service agency providing a wide range of programs to Manitoulin Island, Espanola and the North-east shore of Lake Huron. All of our services are free and confidential
We provide programs for children and their families including Licensed Child Care, Resource Centres, Early Learning activities, mobile play sessions, information and referral and parenting support. Our programs for women and their children include a 10 bed shelter for women escaping abuse, safety planning, short and long term counselling, mobile services including outreach to schools, referral and transitional support. Our Crisis Line is toll free in Northern Ontario and is open to women, men and youth in crisis. MFR also operated the Help Centre & Food Bank, which provides food to those in need on Manitoulin Island, as well as clothing and sometimes furniture.