To preserve, maintain and interpret the historic McDougall Stoney Mission Church, site and landmarks for the benefit of all visitors worldwide, for generations to come.
The society emerged from the initial rescue of the Historical Church in 1952 by several AOTS (As One That Services) Clubs of Calgary United Churches. The initial name was the McDougall Memorial Church Maintenance and Restoration Society. This was formally established in 1971 by the Presbytery of the United Church of Canada with ta mandate to be stewards of the site on the Presbytery's behalf. In 1975 the name was change to the McDougall Stoney Mission Society (MSMS) with the responsibilities of oversight of the restoration, preservation, interpretation and operations of the 43.9 acres of the land east of Morley, Alberta. The Site was the centre of the Morleyville Settlement and includes the first Methodist Church in Southern Alberta. The Site is designated as a Provincial Resource.