To establish an Islamic presence in Canada, that is balanced, constructive and integrated, though distinct, within the social fabric and culture of Canada
About MUSLIM ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
The Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) is a not-for-profit organization registered with the Canada Revenue Agency as a charitable organization. MAC works to strengthen communities through education, religious service and charitable giving since 1997.
MAC aims to inspire Muslims in communities across Canada to engage in community involvement and service not only within the Muslim community, but with every community, regardless of faith or background. We provide community support and services to tens of thousands of Canadians every year.
MAC’s model for change is based on developing community resiliency through creating healthy environments for sharing experiences, programs, activities, and providing spaces where friendships can be developed and bonds can be established. Our strategies in achieving that are:
- Building responsive infrastructure to support the spiritual and social needs of the community.
- Provide opportunities for children to learn and grow in safe and stimulating environment.
- Inspire and empower youth to realize their potential.
- Create opportunities for civic engagement, through connecting people to each other and enabling people to help people through acts of goodness and kindness.
- Celebrating our faith and our achievements as a community.
- Establishing bridges of common purpose with other communities and faith groups.
- Building partnerships with various organizations and NGO’s to promote peace and social justice.
Be part of the story of MAC...