Directed by Person Centered Thinking, Nanaimo Association for Community Living (NACL) supports individuals with developmental disabilities by providing services that promote whole life balance.
NACL is a non-profit society run by an Executive Director, who is responsible to a Board of Directors. We have proudly been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities (CARF) since 2005.
Revised in November 2010 and April 2011, the following Vision Statements were created to drive NACL's future direction:
- We will seek and establish services and supports that further independence as individuals move into their own self-directed future.
- We will increase employment focus consistent with Person Centered Plans.
- By listening to the dreams and aspirations of the people we serve, we will cread educational and training opportunities that turn thos edreams into achievable life goals.
- We will enrich the skills and knowledge of our staff and community through continued training and education.
- Our organizational culture will continue to ensure meaniningful facilitated discussions.
- We will expand services to include children, youth in transition, and seniors.
- We will ensure security and stability of all living arrangements as we redefine "home."
For more information about our organization, we welcome you to click on the various menus and page links on our website. If you have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your interest in NACL!
What People Are Saying
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude"
— Scott Hamilton