The National ME/FM Action Network is a Canadian, registered, non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the recognition and understanding of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia through education, advocacy, support and research.
About NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK
The National ME/FM Action Network addresses issues that affect patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and/or Fibromyalgia.
These highly debilitating illnesses affect more than 800,000 Canadians. The Network works diligently to improve the lives of patients with theses illnesses. Our organization is made up solely of volunteers with representation across the country. Through our efforts we strive to:
- Increase awareness in the general public and in the medical community.
- Distribute educational material to medical professionals, patients, educators and the general public.
- Advocate for better services for patients.
- Work with government departments to further advance awareness and address research needs.
- Keep members up to date on recent developments nationally and internationally through the quarterly newsletter and email updates.