The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is a provincial, non-profit organization that works with and on behalf of children and adults with an intellectual disability and their families.
NBACL works to ensure that people with an intellectual disability, with the support of their families, have the option to choose the supports they need to live meaningful lives and participate in their communities as valued and contributing members.
- NBACL was founded in 1957; 50 years ago by parents
- It is estimated that 22,000 New Brunswickers have an intellectual disability
- Over 40% of children in foster care are children with disabilities, due to lack
- of support for their families
- We receive over 200 requests for assistance every month
- 70% – 80% of adults with an intellectual disability are either unemployed or underemployed, although capable of working if properly supported
Full participation of children and adults with an intellectual disabilities in all aspects of society.