NEW CIRCLES COMMUNITY SERVICES
Registered Name: New Circles Community Services
Business Number: 836343673RR0001
About This Charity
New Circles Community Services is an innovative agency, driven by volunteers, that offers free clothing services, community referrals and skills building programs in Toronto’s Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon Park and Victoria Village neighbourhoods. Established just 10 years ago by Cindy Blakely, New Circles has grown rapidly. We now serve over 8,500 individuals annually and distribute an estimated 200,000 items of clothing.
All of our clients have very limited income; most are new to Canada and many are refugees. They face complex social and economic challenges, including resettlement to Canada, health issues, abuse, trauma, and addiction. New Circles offers a safe space to receive free services, in a non-judgmental and welcoming environment that embraces the diversity of backgrounds and experiences of all those that walk through our door. In 2013, we served families from 163 countries around the globe.
Our services help individuals and families meet basic needs and develop skills, social networks and experience to help them to fulfill their life aspirations in Canada. They include:
- Clothing Services - clothing boutique open daily, teen shopping days, Annual Prom Boutique and monthly Seniors Mobile Malls in local retirement residences
- Community Gift-giving: Holiday Angel Programs and Helping For Eid Baskets
- Volunteer Program: 140 individuals help to deliver our clothing services; many are clients seeking to strengthen skills, expand social networks and gain workplace experience
- Community engagement: Friendship Circle, Peer Language Training and Community excursions
- Skills-building: certificate-based programs in business, retail and customer services skills offered in partnership with Centennial College and the Retail Council of Canada
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!