We are a non-profit, community-based, charitable organization that exists to support individuals of all genders who have been impacted by sexualized violence. We operate from a feminist, pro-choice, trauma-informed, person-centered perspective where individuals with lived experienced are honoured for their unique strengths, needs, skills, and abilities.
About NL SEXUAL ASSAULT CRISIS AND PREVENTION CENTRE
The Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre is committed to providing all core programs and services free of charge to the public. These services include:
Crisis Support and Information Line 1-800-726-2743
- Toll free, province wide, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- You do not have to be in crisis to make the call
- During visits to the hospital or police and providing advocacy
Outreach, Events and Training
- Outreach services and presentations to service providers and community groups
- Take Back the Night March, held annually on the 3rd Friday of September
- Facilitating Crisis Line Intervention Training for Crisis Line Volunteers
- Hosting Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Warn Other Workers Line (The WOW Line)
In partnership with Marguerite’s Place, St. John’s Women’s Centre
- An anonymous line that sex workers can call to share information about assaults and receive support
- Offers a place for reports to be made, tracked, and communicated to other workers without revealing identities.
- Main purpose is to keep people working in the sex industry informed and aware of violent clients in order to prevent assault.
- To access the WOW program call our Crisis Line at 1-800-726-2743.
The Journey Project
In partnership with the Public Legal Information Association of NL
The Journey Project is an ongoing partnership between the Public Legal Information Association of NL (PLIAN) and the Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre (NLSACPC) to enhance supports and responses for survivors of sexual violence in Newfoundland and Labrador within the justice system.