The Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Assault Crisis & Prevention Centre is a non-profit organization that exists to provide peer support and essential services to anyone impacted by sexual violence.
Our members work towards the prevention and ultimate eradication of sexual violence through education and awareness campaigns.
About NL SEXUAL ASSAULT CRISIS AND PREVENTION CENTRE
The Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre is committed to providing all core programs and services free of charge to the public. These services include:
Crisis Support and Information Line 1-800-726-2743
- Toll free, province wide, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Female and Male volunteers are available
- You do not have to be in crisis to make the call
In-Person Peer Support
- Three sessions of in-person peer support at our Centre
- Available at various times throughout the year
- During visits to the hospital or police and providing advocacy
Advocacy & Referrals
- Advocating with and on the behalf of survivors
- Providing referrals at the request of individuals
Outreach, Events and Training
- Outreach services and presentations to service providers and community groups
- Sexual Violence Awareness Week, held annually during the 3rd week in September
- Take Back the Night March, held annually on the 3rd Friday of September
- Facilitating Crisis Line Intervention Training for Crisis Line Volunteers
- Hosting Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Warn Other Workers Line (The WOW Line)
In partnership with Marguerite’s Place, St. John’s Women’s Centre
- An anonymous line that sex workers can call to share information about assaults and receive support
- Offers a place for reports to be made, tracked, and communicated to other workers without revealing identities.
- Main purpose is to keep people working in the sex industry informed and aware of violent clients in order to prevent assault.
- To access the WOW program call our Crisis Line at 1-800-726-2743.