NORTH SHORE WOMEN'S CENTRE SOCIETY
Registered Name: NORTH SHORE WOMEN'S CENTRE SOCIETY
Business Number: 107784613RR0001
About This Charity
Operating since 1973, the mission of the North Shore Women's Centre is to improve the social, economic and political status of women, and to encourage and support self-empowerment by acting as a resource and a catalyst for change, from a feminist perspective.
We believe that women have the right to:
- Self determination
- Equal access to society's resources
- Safety and security
- Fairness in the administration of justice
- Freedom from all forms of discrimination
- To provide women with access to resources (information, referral, advocacy); to assist them with life choices
- To actively address violence against women at all levels of the community
- To challenge sexism and all other forms of discrimination against women at all levels within the community
- To work towards the elimination of the feminization of poverty
- To operate from Feminist framework, as defined by the NSWC, is a person whose actions support and embody the values of growth, personal choice, wholeness, co-operation and equality of women
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card, PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!