The Northern Alberta International Children's Festival is an annual arts event that celebrates high calibre performing, literary and visual arts for children. It brings together professional artists from around the globe and across Canada with children and families from central and northern Alberta for a celebratory and educational experience.
1. The Festival is a celebration of cultural excellence that increases awareness of the performing, literary and visual arts for children.
2. The Festival encourages the exchange of ideas and introduces children to diverse cultures.
3. The Festival encourages children to become directly involved in educational and entertaining arts activities and presentations.
4. The Festival facilitates community building by providing meaningful opportunities for partners, donors, sponsors, and volunteers.
5. The Festival is a showcase opportunity for Canadian and international artists and companies to perform specifically for children.
6. The Festival promotes collaboration by providing the venue for Canadian artists to network with artists from other countries.
About NORTHERN ALBERTA INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S FESTIVAL
The 2019 Northern Alberta International Children's Festival takes place in St. Albert, Alberta from May 28 to June 2. This year we are celebrating 38 years of providing exceptional artistic and cultural experiences for the children of central and northern Alberta.
The Festival hosts international, national and provincial performing artists who provide music, dance, theatre and storytelling for young audiences and families over the course of the five-day event. Selected programming will be presented in both official languages and the Festival will showcase 50% Canadian content.
In addition to main stage venue artists/companies, the Festival will also offer:
• Visual arts activities
• Percussion activity
• Roving performances
• Healthy living activities
• Aboriginal artists
• Literary arts
• Free Outdoor Stage
• Toddler Town
What People Are Saying
"Excellent event. Was so happy to be involved and would love to be involved in years to come. Thank you for the opportunity to share in the happiness of hundreds of children!"
"Bringing the spirit of laughter and happiness to individuals, school groups and families....a festival for ALL to enjoy"
"I have been bringing my students to the festival since 2008. We travel almost 1000km round trip and it is often remembered as one of the best field trips of their life. We love it!"