Our Vision... A world where individuals, relationships, families, and communities are safe, empowered, and healthy.
Our Mission... Nova Vita works to end interpersonal violence and abuse by supporting individuals and families who have experienced domestic violence, intimate partner violence, or gender-based violence through the provision of crisis intervention, emergency shelter, transitional support, children's programs and counselling; and by fostering accountability for those who harm through intervention, counselling, public education, and systemic advocacy.
At Nova Vita we are...
- Trauma-Informed: Our services promote the principles of trauma-informed care: safety, choice, trust, collaboration, and empowerment.
- Inclusive: Our organization acknowledges the impact of systemic oppression on Indigenous communities, 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, racialized communities, newcomers, and people with disAbilities. We are an equity-seeking organization that strives to be inclusive and reflect the diversity of the individuals we serve.
- Leaders: Our staff are knowledgeable, dedicated, passionate, skilled, and innovative professionals in the field of domestic violence prevention and intervention. We value honesty, integrity, transparency, open communication, and accountability.
- Effective: Our organization is committed to evaluating the effectiveness of our programs, supporting best-practices, pursuing new initiatives, and contributing to research.
- Accountable: Our organization strictly adheres to funder requirements, fully honours the Donor Bill of Rights, actively identifies efficiencies, and continuously provides quality services.
- Community-Focused: Our organization is dedicated to fostering partnerships and collaboration, anticipating and responding to the needs of our community, inspiring engagement, and encouraging public awareness around the issues of interpersonal violence and abuse.
Our Programs and Services...
24 Hour Crisis and Support Line 519-752-HELP (4357) available to anyone in the community who has experienced violence or abuse in their relationship.
24 Hour Emergency Shelter Services for women, and their children, who are fleeing domestic violence or are homeless.
Transitional Support Worker Program assists women, and their children, with safety planning and transitioning from an abusive home to a life free of violence.
Maria House 2nd Stage Transitional Housing offers longer term housing with additional support and counselling for women, and their children, transitioning from the shelter.
Community Counselling Program for Women provides client-centred and holistic individual and group counselling to women who have experienced violence or abuse.
Family Court Support Program offers information, support, and system navigation to individuals in the Family Court process.
Child Witness Program and Services provides individual and group counselling to children and adolescents, who have witnessed violence in their home.
Differential Response is a coordinated response with Brant Family and Child Services to assess, support, and intervene with families experiencing high conflict and domestic violence.
Caring Families assists parents in developing respectful adult relationships and cooperative, positive co-parenting approaches with their children. www.caringfamilies.ca
Challenge to Change Men’s Program provides individual and group interventions and counselling to men who are, or at risk of becoming, abusive toward their partner (including Partner Assault Response Program and SCRIBE)
Community Outreach and Public Education Services deliver informative presentations about domestic violence, healthy relationships, and Nova Vita programs to schools, businesses, community organizations, and other local service providers.
Closet Couture is Nova Vita's social enterprise endeavour, selling hand-picked women's fashions to help, hope, heal. www.closet-couture.ca