- To serve and represent Ontario's public art galleries as valued, essential, cultural and educational resources
- To actively advocate for Ontario's public art galleries
- To promote dialogue and collaboration among OAAG members
- To build and support responsive relationships between Ontario's public art galleries and the public, volunteers, cultural trustees, granting agencies, government and media
- To encourage the highest standards for the care, preservation and presentation of the visual arts within Ontario's public art galleries
- To promote art gallery and cultural work as valuable professions
- To recognize and celebrate excellence in the work of Ontario's public art galleries
About ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF ART GALLERIES
OAAG is a registered charitable organization. Established in 1968, OAAG was incorporated in Ontario by letters patent on October 9, 1970. The Charitable Objects from the Letters Patent are:
- To encourage co-operation between member galleries and museums
- To encourage cooperation with the Ontario Arts Council and similar agencies
- To assist in the development of visual art centres in the province of Ontario
- To promote high standards of excellence and uniform methods in the care and presentation of art
- To serve as an advisory body in matters of professional interest in the province of Ontario.
To be a vital and effective advocate for Ontario's dynamic public art galleries, serving and representing our members across the province as valued and essential centres of art and learning.