Concerned about provincial trends eroding both environmental protection and meaningful consultation, WaterScape III seeks to develop a renewed policy framework for resilient landscapes and healthy water in South-central Ontario.
Key stages of WaterScape III include:
- Providing a Discussion Document, which describes the background, regulatory framework, current challenges, and recommendations to ensure resilient landscapes and to protect our water;
- Soliciting comments on the document through our website, social media, and presentations;
- Issuing a second draft for a round of final comments; and,
- Producing a final document for endorsement by Ontario organizations and members of the public.
Benefits to the public from this project include:
- Greater understanding in the environmental stewardship community, other sectors, and the public on existing conditions and the need for increased protection for resilient landscapes and healthy water;
- Opportunities for input on how to ensure resilient landscapes and healthy water for future generations; and,
- An invitation to endorse and/or borrow from the final WaterScape document.
Donations received for WaterScape III will be used to support presentations, travel, facility rental, social media outreach, and staff time for those activities, the production of the next drafts of the policy framework, and soliciting endorsements for the final document.