Give. Read. Grow.
Every young Canadian should have access to Canadian books!
The I Read Canadian Fund is a nationwide campaign to remind people of all ages how much fun it is to read. Launched in the summer of 2017, the I Read Canadian Fund encourages reading for fun which increases literacy skills, builds empathy, and leads to academic achievement.
Over the past few yeas, OLA has noticed that not all young people were able to fully participate at their school or in their community and not all communities in Canada have access to current Canadian books.
Our goal is to make sure that kids have every opportunity to read great Canadian books. We are raising $30,000 to:
1. Deliver new books to communities in need to support reading programs. Many of these are rural or fly-in communities or places where budgets are very limited.
2. Support schools, libraries, and other organizations in priority communities so they can participate in reading programs.
3. Connect author and illustrators to young fans at festivals and school visits
4. Building future leaders by building readers #IReadCanadian
We cannot do it without your help!
How to get involved in supporting the I Read Canadian Fund:
There are many ways to give to the I Read Canadian Fund.
- Donate to the I Read Canadian Fund through our website
- Purchase I Read Canadian merchandise at The Library Marketplace
- Having your school or community organize a fundraiser
- Share your stories about what reading means to you by using #IReadCanadian
- Build readers through the reading programs, such as the Forest of Reading.