ABOUT OUR CHARITY
Ontario Parents Advocating for Children with Cancer (OPACC) is a registered charity whose overall goal, since our establishment in 1995, is to be the parent voice for families with children diagnosed with cancer across the Province of Ontario. We provide support to childhood cancer families in hospital, at home, and throughout all stages of their child’s cancer journey. Our three pillars of support are:
- I. In-hospital support through our Parent Liaison program
- II. Community support through community-based parent support groups and training of new Facilitators
- III. Advocacy efforts to enable parents to advocate for themselves and to advocate for all families on a wider Provincial level, including: E.I. legislation for benefits to Parents of Critically Ill Children, reduced hospital parking rates, representation for childhood cancer survivors, supporting the educational needs of children with cancer, and more!
OPACC is an independent registered charity; while we often partner with other organizations to provide services to our families, our programs are managed separately. OPACC receives no government funding and all funding for the development of our programs, services and special events (which are provided at no cost to our families) comes from the donations of generous organizations, businesses, foundations, and individuals.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
You are welcome to donate in general or to apply your donation to a specific fund outlined below:
- Foundation Building: To cover the day-to-day administrative expenses that help provide the "foundation" or backbone of our charity
- Parent Liaison Services: To cover expenses related to our Parent Liaison program
- OPACC Hospital Parking Program: To allow us to reimburse families for the cost of hospital parking passes through our Hospital Parking Program
After donating, please check if your employer will match your donation on our Matching Gifts page. If they do, then the impact of your donation will be doubled!
What People Are Saying
"Keep up the good work, it makes a world of difference to have someone who truly cares."
— Rosann L., Read More
"Thank you for all you have done to help parents cope through the worst nightmare imaginable. You’re a blessing."
— Dave M., Read More
"Thank you so much for being there at the hospital all these weeks and months and years. You have always been such a source of comfort and reassurance for me."
— Jeanne Z., Read More
"I wanted to say how grateful I am for organizations like yours. What you do is amazing and parents like me appreciate your efforts so very much."
— Sajedah H., Read More
"OPACC is an organization made up of parents, friends, and family who have walked our paths before us. This is exactly what sets them apart from other organizations. They know and understand our journey when most of our loved ones cannot. They anticipate our needs before we anticipate our own."
— Sunny H. , Read More