“To establish and maintain a world renowned center of excellence for the education, research, propagation, conservation and protection of rare and endangered orchids”
With the following sets of objectives:
- Conserve and protect rare and endangered species orchids from extinction;
- Develop a species orchid seed bank to ensure availability for future generations;
- Support and fund orchid conservation organizations, institutions, research and projects;
- Encourage ethical and environmentally-friendly cultivation of orchid species; and
- Legally acquire rare and endangered orchid species to advance our collection.
- Educate the public about environmental issues and raise awareness about the adaptations and conditions necessary for the survival of species orchids in their natural environments;
- Provide an educational resource for youth groups and school classes by encouraging hands-on experiences with our unique orchid collection; and
- Develop, train and support our members and volunteers.
- Further our partnership with the Muttart Conservatory and the City of Edmonton;
- Develop community partnerships with like-minded organizations and institutions;
- Produce a variety of media to inform, promote and educate our volunteers, members, supporters, donors and the general public of our activities and accomplishments; and
- Pursue fund development projects, events and donations to enable and develop our objectives.