We are a non-profit, registered charitable foundation run by passionate orchid loving volunteers!
“To maintain a center of excellence for the delivery of orchid education, research, propagation, conservation and environmental protection of nature's rare and endangered orchids”
With the following sets of objectives:
- Conserve and protect rare and endangered species orchids from extinction;
- Develop a species orchid seed bank to ensure availability for future generations;
- Support and fund orchid conservation organizations, institutions, research and projects;
- Encourage ethical and environmentally-friendly cultivation of orchid species; and
- Legally acquire rare and endangered orchid species to advance our collection.
- Educate the public about environmental issues and raise awareness about the adaptations and conditions necessary for the survival of species orchids in their natural environments;
- Provide educational resources for the public, youth groups and schools with presentations, online courses and hands-on experiences with our unique orchid collection;
- Develop training materials for delivery to our members, volunteers and the public.
- Further our partnership with the Muttart Conservatory and the City of Edmonton;
- Develop community partnerships with like-minded organizations and institutions;
- Produce a variety of media to inform, promote and educate our volunteers, members, supporters, donors and the general public of our activities and accomplishments; and
- Pursue fund development projects, events and donations which enable OSPF to develop and our goals and objectives.