The Ottawa Community Foundation (OCF) is a public, non-profit organization created by and for the people of Ottawa. Connecting people who care with causes that matter since 1987, the Foundation works with the community as a trusted partner to fulfill impact philanthropy and bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our city, regionally, nationally and beyond.
The OCF ‘s role is three-fold:
We Make Philanthropy Easy
- Nimble response to windows of opportunity
- Transactional excellence
- Regulatory expertise in Canadian Revenue Agency guidelines
- Support for the broadest spectrum of causes
- Flexible gift vehicles from permanent endowments to flow-through
We Offer World-Class Asset Management and Governance
- Top calibre, nationally-recognized Board appointed by an external Nominations Committee chaired by the Governor of the Bank of Canada
- Enviable expertise on committees
- Excellent track record with return on investments
- Leading edge initiatives such as Responsible/Impact Investing
We Offer Deep Community Knowledge, Collaboration and Innovation
- In-depth knowledge of local needs and issues
- Users can view and act on a wide-range of indicators through the Ottawa Insights platform,
- Collaborative approaches to addressing critical issues, through initiatives such as the New Leaf Community Challenge
- Increased focus on social enterprise, capacity-building, collaborative grant making and the leveraging of partnerships.
We are Part of a National Movement through Community Foundations of Canada
- 191 community foundations
- Serving 86% of Canadian municipalities
- Managing $4.5 Billion in Assets
Vision, Mission, Values and Principles
Ottawa fulfills its potential as an environmentally balanced, socially just, culturally vibrant and economically resilient city.
The Ottawa Community Foundation works with the community as a trusted partner to fulfill impact philanthropy and bring about positive, systemic and sustainable change in our city and beyond.
Our Values and Principles
- We operate with integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness.
- We are accountable and transparent to our constituents and to one another.
- We share information without sacrificing confidentiality.
- Our relationships are respectful, friendly, and professional.
- We value diversity of all kinds and expect fairness to be evident in our actions internally and externally.
- We value a healthy workplace.
- We identify and address conflict effectively and on a timely basis.
- We are equitable in our decisions and mindful of their impact on all stakeholders.
- We expect our actions to demonstrate our care for others and the community as a whole. We support each other in a humane manner. We care about the well-being of each other, the community, and the Foundation.
- Continuous learning is the spirit that guides our activities.
- We operate through consultation and partnerships.
- We practice collaborative leadership.
- We are responsible stewards of our resources.
- We are committed to excellence and to maintaining the public trust.