Outside the March is dedicated to making theatre an Event for all involved. Since 2009, we’ve invited our audiences to play with us in kindergarten classrooms, parade with Queen Elizabeth along the Danforth, tinker in garages, congregate in churches, venture out on a 911 paramedic call, and to join us up onstage at the Royal Alexandra Theatre.
We create work that is:
- 1) IMMERSIVE: We offer full theatrical experiences—personal and immediate encounters that endure.
- 2) SITE-ENGAGING: We transform found spaces into playgrounds of performance, as well as unearthing new possibilities within traditional theatres.
- 3) NEW: We introduce local and international voices to our audiences—compelling stories that grapple with our here and now.
- 4) WIDE-REACHING: We are looking to captivate a wide range of individuals, especially audiences who might not normally find themselves in the theatre.
- 5) COMMUNAL: We forge resonant collaborations between artists of all levels of experience and across disciplines, as well as meaningful partnerships within our community.OtM is overseen by Artistic Director Mitchell Cushman, Managing Producer Kat Devlin, and Core Artistic Team Amy Keating, Sebastien Heins , Ishai Buchbinder and Katherine Cullen.
Previous productions include Mr. Marmalade, Terminus, Passion Play, Mr. Burns and Vitals.
Outside the March is proud to be a Company in Residence at STAF.
What People Are Saying
"Boldly going where no theatre company has gone before"
— The Toronto Star
"Terminus is NOW Magazine's #1 Production."
— NOW Magazine, Read More
"Toronto Theatre Critics Awards name "Mr. Burns" best production of the year."
— The Globe and Mail, Read More