Working with our community to provide food, furniture and emergency assistance to those in need.
Working together to create a hunger-free community and improving the lives of those in need in our community in a caring and compassionate manner.
- All people are treated with compassion, dignity, and understanding
- Our clients deserve the most nutritious food we can provide
- Volunteerism is our strength and primary resource. We would not be able to serve the more than 1,000 families who look to us for assistance each month without caring volunteers who give their time
- We are accountable to our community for the programs and services we deliver
- We are responsible and transparent stewards of the resources entrusted to us by our community
- We encourage leadership at all levels
- Safety in our operations is paramount
About PARKER STREET FOOD & FURNITURE BANK and THE TURKEY CLUB
PARKER STREET FOOD AND FURNITURE BANK is the working name of the Community Care Network Society. We have been in operation since 1983 and consistently serve hundreds of clients a week through our various services. We are dedicated to assisting those in need in HRM who require help to access basic necessities such as food and furniture.
We are committed to transparency around our actions and programming. Feel free to contact us and ask questions around any of our programming or find us online!
Donations we receive fill many needs, above all, they bring hope into the lives of families who are struggling daily, year-round. Your support also allows us to provide financial assistance in cases where families or individuals need emergency supplies such as oil for their furnace, help with a power bill, and prescription medication.
THE TURKEY CLUB, founded by Jack Cruickshank in 2004, is dedicated to helping the needy at Christmas.