To provide a welcoming environment that fosters life-long learning and literacy.
To provide equal access for all members of the community to explore ideas, read books, and benefit from a wide variety of library services.
• Accessibility: Accessing information is free, uncensored and without physical barriers.
• Accountability: Spending public funds drives us to be vigilant about efficiency.
• Collaboration: Working together with other organizations can produce better results.
• Literacy: Improving literacy invests in the community's economic, physical and mental well being.
• Responsiveness: Gathering feedback helps us to constantly improve
Purpose of the Pender Island Public Library
• To be a Popular Materials Library offering current, high demand materials, programs, and technology in a variety of formats for people of all ages.
• To be the Door to Learning for youth by encouraging youth to develop an interest in reading and learning.