PEOPLE FOR EDUCATION
Registered Name: PEOPLE FOR EDUCATION
Business Number: 857190532RR0001
About This Charity
About People for Education
Vision of success
Canadians are proud of their strong public education system.
Canadians can link the success of the country with the strength of public education.
To accomplish our vision, People for Education is:
- Leading the conversation about the purpose and value of universal public education
- Leading an alliance to broaden the public’s definition of school success and expand how success is measured
- Engaging a broader constituency of advocates to include a new generation of advocates and a broader range of civic leaders
- disseminate information on issues relating to public education;
- conduct research and collect data concerning the publicly funded education system and its resources in Ontario;sponsor conferences, seminars and public meetings for the exchange of ideas, information and the experiences of parents, students, educators and employees, with respect to publicly funded schools; and
- liaise with boards of education and federal, provincial and local government agencies for the purpose of providing good quality education to students in the publicly funded education system and improving the resources received by publicly funded schools
What People Are Saying
"...the only source of credible information on what's happening in our schools."
— Toronto Star
"Our public schools belong to all of us. They could and should be thriving hubs of every community — hubs of learning, of support for families and of neighbourhood activity."
— Annie Kidder, Executive Director
"I am always impressed at the total commitment [People for Education has] to education in Ontario, and I am glad that you are there doing what you are doing to ensure the public is aware of what is going on. Keep up the good work, we need P4E. Thanks from a total fan."
— Diana Stapleton
Find Out More About This Charity
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!