Optimism Place provides secure, protective housing for 8 weeks or more for women with or without children. We also offer a wide range of free and confidential support services.
We’re here to help women of every age, race, culture, religion and income level. We understand what you’re going through and we want to help.
It’s not your fault you’re being abused - even if it has been going on for a long time. We know this and we’ll help you take the necessary steps towards rebuilding your life and creating a better future. If you have children, we can help them too.
And remember, our support services are still available even if you’re not staying at the shelter.
- A free, safe place to stay for 8 weeks or more
- 24-hour confidential Crisis Line for victims of abuse and/or sexual assault
- Emergency transportation to the shelter and referrals
- Children’s Individual & Group Services
- Transition & Outreach Support Programs
- Legal Advocacy Program (Family and Criminal Court Support)
- Healthy Relationship Program
- Education, leadership and training on issues related to violence and abuse against women
What People Are Saying
"I’ve come to realize that I do deserve to be treated with respect"
— - former resident