QuickStart - Early Intervention for Autism is a charitable organization whose mission is to assist children with autism in reaching their full potential by helping the children obtain early intervention, at the first signs of autism.
QuickStart raises awareness and initiates programs to cut wait-times, build capacity, and promote improvements in early identification and intervention.
About QuickStart - Early Intervention for Autism / QuickStart - Précoce pour l'autisme
- We funded 36 toddlers in our leading edge KickStart program at $4,000 per child ($144,000) all at no cost to the family
- We funded 16 diagnostic assessments shortening wait-times for services by upwards of 18 months ($10,600)
- We funded 30 parents for a one or two night respite stays at local hotels, including childcare funding for while they were away ($12,000)
- We hold free workshops for parents
- We held our Sensory Santa in six local malls providing an opportunity for children on the spectrum to see Santa, many for the first time
- Autism on the Hill an awareness event held on Parliament Hill each year