We are a public art gallery located in Haliburton’s landmark rail station. Rails End was established in 1969 and is dedicated to providing opportunities for the exploration, appreciation, expression and exchange of the contemporary creative arts.
Rails End presents a year round program of contemporary art exhibitions and installations in its Main Gallery. Our Boutique features handcrafted items and visual art by local artists year round.
Rails End Gallery and Arts Centre is a popular destination for art lovers and offers many engaging programs and events throughout the year including:
- Art Attacks for Children
- Haliburton DrumFest Labour Day Weekend
- Frost Fest Activities in February
- Annual Exhibition opportunities for local artists
- Trash N Treasures in the Park in June
- Haliburton Art and Craft Festival in July
- Workshop Series for arts minded adults in Winter
- Book Readings
- Ukulele Jams
- Community Drum Circles
- Knitting Meet Ups
For information please contact Laurie Jones, Curator and Director
What People Are Saying
"Delightful small gallery, punches above its weight."
— Brian S (TripAdvisor) , Read More
"My family really enjoyed drumming in the park this summer! "
— a visitor