Red Deer Food Bank Mission Statement, Principles and Vision
Acknowledging the disparity on the availability of resources among Canadians and recognizing that while food banks will be needed in the foreseeable future, they are only a temporary response for those living in poverty.
This mission will be delivered while believing in these principles:
- We believe we have an obligation to meet human needs and do it in a way that preserves and enhances the dignity of the individual.
- We believe in the principle of sharing
- We believe that access to proper nutrition is a fundamental human right
- We believe that those elected or appointed to positions of authority have a responsibility for the well being of those they govern
- We believe that food supplies should be used to their optimum potential.
Work-in together in Central Alberta – sharing food with people in need.